The papaya is an incredibly healthy tropical fruit. Papaya is a delicious fruit that is best enjoyed ripe. It can be eaten alone or easily combined with other foods.
- The papaya is a tropical fruit high in vitamins C and A, as well as fiber and healthy plant compounds. It also contains an enzyme called papain, used to tenderize meat.
- Papaya has powerful antioxidant effects, which may reduce oxidative stress and lower your risk of several diseases.
- Early research suggests that the antioxidants in papaya may reduce cancer risk and perhaps even slow cancer progression.
- Papaya’s high vitamin C and lycopene content can improve heart health and may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Chronic inflammation is at the root of many diseases. Papayas are very high in carotenoids that can reduce inflammation.
- Papaya has been shown to improve constipation and other symptoms of IBS. The seeds and other parts of the plant have also been used to treat ulcers.
- The powerful antioxidants in papaya can help your skin recover from sun damage and may defend against wrinkling.