Australia produces a large range of apples, but among the most popular are Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Cripps Pink (sold internationally as Pink Lady), Fuji, and Royal Gala.
- Red Delicious – A medium to large apple with a medium sweetness and crisp white, juicy flesh. Great in salads.
- Fuji – This medium-sized apple is slightly sweeter than other varieties and is great in salads, pies, sauces. Can also be frozen.
- Royal Gala – First of the season, medium in size with a sweet flavour profile which is ideal for pies, sauces and salads.
- Pink Lady – Large with a firm, sweet, crisp, juicy flesh. Excellent in salads, sauces and pies.
- Granny Smith – A hard apple with a crisp tart flavour perfect for baking, freezing, salads, sauces and pies.
Eating one large apple provides 20% of the recommended daily value of dietary fiber, 8% of the antioxidant Vitamin C, and 7% of your day’s potassium, all for only 130 calories…with no fat, no sodium, and no cholesterol!